This outfit is inspired by everyday class-wear worn by ballet dancers, including myself. Contrary to popular belief, we do not take class in tutus or tiaras. We save those for the stage.
Some notes on the items:
1. A short wrap skirt adds delicacy and movement, and also helps lengthen the line of your legs.
2. Pink tights show off your muscles the best. Teachers prefer you to wear these so they can see your body's movement better.
3. Leotards are elegant in design, and curve hugging. The leotard I picked is high neck, but we generally prefer a much more open neckline to show off our collarbones.
4. Never should dancers wear dangling earrings. We wear studs. This is because earrings that dangle can get caught in clothing or costumes, and are extremely distracting.
5. Lots of dancers get creative with their dance bag. By that, I mean we don't necessarily buy a gym bag to hold our things. A tote bag is nice because it is spacious.
6. We must keep our hair out of our face. We strive for a clean, kept look. A headband can help hold back fly-aways.
7. Finally, ballet flats that look like our pointe shoes! These are very similar to shoes we wear.